Edwards Air Force Base Fire and Emergency Services now offers FLAIM’s immersive fire extinguisher training as part of their role in providing Fire Protection, EMS, Hazmat, and Aircraft response to their community in California – the 2nd largest base in the US Air Force.
In this video, watch as Mike Pinan, Assistant Chief for Fire Prevention, talks about how they are using FLAIM Extinguisher for their public education program and how it has eliminated additional fuel costs and space requirements associated with its past live-fire training kits.
Air Force video by Giancarlo Casem
FLAIM Extinguisher is state of the art, provides a very realistic fire extinguisher simulation with numerous scenarios, is very easy to set up and takes much less space.
FLAIM replaces Edwards AFB’s live fire extinguisher training, which Mike Pinan says is hard to set up and has propane and water requirements.
In the video, Mr Pinan takes us through his FLAIM Extinguisher kit and how he can train in the virtual environment, including:
- The lifelike looking extinguisher with nozzle and headset
- Starting screen with large menu button and multiple training scenarios to choose from using the PASS method
- Interactive environments where a trainer can see what the trainee is doing and guide them in each scenario
- A trainee working in a microwave fire scenario and what happens (a flash fire) if they choose an incorrect extinguisher (water)
- A trainee choosing the correct extinguisher after retraining on the scenario
He would not have passed – we would restart this scenario and he would pick the correct extinguisher this time because we would retrain and explain which extinguisher is correct.
Assistant Chief for Fire Prevention
Trainee at Edwards Air Force Base using FLAIM Extinguisher
Mr Pinan also highlights the extinguisher learning tool as part of the training that you can use at your own pace to educate trainees on what types of fires/materials you should use each different extinguisher type for.